Paranormal investigation is not for the faint of heart; but, if you are fascinated with the world of ghosts, UFO's, unexplained phenomenon and general paranormal activity, you may want to think about becoming a paranormal investigator. So, are you wondering how to be a paranormal investigator and get your new career started? Here are five easy tips.
1) Read and Study everything related to the subject: Go to your local library or bookstore and pick up some reading material related to paranormal investigation. What have other investigators done? How did they determine whether there was anything to be investigated? What sort of equipment did they use? Are there certain areas or neighborhoods that are known for this type of activity? What happens when a 'ghost' is confirmed to be present? Is there a way of making them go away for good? Watch television shows such as "Celebrity Ghost Stories," or "Ghost Trackers."
2) Join forums and discussion groups and historical societies: Thanks to the internet, there are a number of forums you can participate in to learn what others are experiencing. Talk to other investigators and don't be afraid to ask them questions about their experiences, good and bad. Everyone loves a good ghost story, and most people are more than willing to talk about their invisible guests that may be living with them. Many cities offer 'ghost walks' that take you through areas that have reported unexplained phenomenon. They are led by investigators who have studied the area and talked with local people.
3) Take a class/course: There are several schools and colleges that offer courses in paranormal investigation. You may even find some that allow you to study at home on your own time and schedule. The more you learn, the more prepared you will be when you open your doors for business.
4) Invest in the latest equipment: At the very least, invest in a camera, a laptop, and night vision equipment so you can capture any unusual activity. Technology is always changing so you'll have to keep on top of new equipment that becomes available for your field.
5) Market you're Business: When you are ready for your first client, you'll need to let people know you are open for business. Get some businesses cards and promote yourself both online and offline. Social media is a great place to start and is cost effective. Market your business in areas that are known for paranormal activity and to people who will want your paranormal investigation services. How to be a paranormal investigator? It's not as difficult as you may think and it can prove to be a very satisfying and lucrative career. Like any other business, it takes time to build and market and get the word out that you exist. But with the right tools and marketing ability you can have your first client in no time at all. You'll start to get more business and you will gain more experience with each job you do.
By Toby J Blanchard
How To Hunt Ghosts - A No-nonsense Paranormal Guide To Get You Quickly Started On Your First Ghost Hunt Or To Help Improve Your Next One. Click Here to learn more!